Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Newport, Oregon

When I quit working back in April, Chris was working on the Oregon coast. He had a couple of days off, but it wasn't really enough time to come home. Since I finally had some time off, I decided to join him in Oregon for a last minute vacation.

It was really cold, this was the closest that we wanted to get to the ocean that day (we are standing in the parking lot next to our car. I know it's pathetic).

We went to the aquarium, which is amazing. This is one of the smaller crabs. Holy cow they were huge.




I loved these Puffin birds. They waddled across our pathway and I thought they were adorable.

This octopus freaked me out. She lives in a dark cave and when you peak in you see this crazy eye staring at you. I know it's not a great picture, but you can see the eye in the middle of the photo. Imagine her head upside down taking up the rest of the picture.

We also went fishing in the ocean. It was so much fun but it was so cold. We were both shivering when we finished so we didn't take a picture of our loot. Fear of hypothermia overtook the need for a photo. We limited out on sea bass and I also caught two Lincod, which are crazy ugly looking fish.

It was an amazing last minute vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment