Friday, April 8, 2011

Books I love

I love, love, love to read. It is my happy place and helps me relax and find my sanity again. Now that I don't have to rush to work, I can tell you about some of my favorite books.

I recently read "Saving CeeCee Honeycutt" by Beth Hoffman. The more I think about this book, the more I love it.

This book is about a young girl who has a mother that is completely crazy and a father who can't deal with the situation so he travels for work and leaves her to take care of her mother. I love the relationships between the characters and the zany things that happen. It is really touching to see all of her hopes and dreams and figuring out life.

One character talks about how we all have life books that are written in our hearts. Some people are written in our books and they are meant to come in our lives and they will play an important part. At times our books take us in different directions, but we will never forget our old friends and we shouldn't be afraid and shut out the new opportunities.

I know there are certain people who have thousands and thousands of friends written in their life books. Mine isn't that extensive, but the ones that are written there have meant so much to me over the year. They each played an important part in my life and will never be forgotten.


This book has given me a lot to think about. I highly recommend it. If you read it, let me know and we can laugh over my favorite parts. I loved the slugs and the traveling bra, it was super funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment